9/15/11

Keeping the Faith (movie)

I believed and lead life  believing that being religious and being a  communist  are somewhat negative.
I was raised in a way that made me believe having a religion with commitment other than Buddhism(by default sort of) is somewhat unfavorable, weird, or somewhat scary.  It was partially cultural factors in order to be  practical and blended in majority for  eyes of others and for harmony of  communities.  Japan's culture is often characterized as   homogeneous  where United States is heterogeneous.
In case of Japan,things had to be that way at some level.  for a such small densely populated country
To create harmony on surface,many things are sacrifice as it seems.

We do have right to choose own belief legally,but religions are hardly issue or subject of conversation until someone passes away or getting married or something. it is hardly an serious issue or fun issue just like anywhere else in the world.
And I thought about freedom of faith,or religion although religious issues are not my focus of attention much.
However, my own choices are always at my focus..choose to be right and wrong even when not knowing what is right..choose to be same  as others or choose to be different away from majority or,choice to  express or not to express, being different and allowing other to be different as much as own is usually fearful to most,and  and I am also one of them.
majority 's opinion could be somehow ideal time to time,too.
choice about to be violent or to be a  peace maker is really complicate my life. Talking about   love or talking about  something else.  I do all this and everyone of us do every moment of life.even away from the subject of religion
and I found a movie about choice and religions and being happy, being proud not just in the eyes of God,but also in the eyes of friends and family.

The movie called Keeping The Faith was interesting and funny, giving me totally different perspective about religions.  I always knew that some people are just happy with thing as they are with or without particular religion  Although practically, politically, there are a lot of issues regarding religions.  It is complicated problems, I know little to discuss anything about anybody.  But this movie addressed and promoted very positive part of religions and sort of uplifting the whole issue concerning negative aspect of having religion, being religious. 

It is a story about three children, two boys and one girl, who spent their childhood as best friends  in New York. As they grew up,  One became a rabbi, and one became a catholic priest and both truly loves the one girl they spent childhood with.  The story begins with  priest's confession style to a  bartender at an Irish bar.

it mentioned difference between religion and faith and message,and  whole plot was witty, really lovable.   Got me interested in something so unknown.  It strongly implied that there are so many good thing, good happy people who know how to enjoy life at  where I never seen or I have not been in this part of the world and that was just wonderful finding.  And I like Ben Stiller,too. learned a little bit about those two religions I never had chance to know  before.

/here is best part of quote from the movie.

"many may get confused with religion and faith..question about them
questions about religion has an answer about knowledge? ,but Faith is not having  right answer.  Faith is a feeling.  Faith  is a hunch. It's a hunch that there is something bigger connecting  it all, connecting us all together
 that hunch is God,and  you connecting with the feeling, that is act of faith"

and I thought people who is blessed by the faith in life must be truly happy. Having own  life development,both in and out of the faith,yet always know where to go back to find its way to be happy.. as it seemed to me.
I am not blessed with such firm religious faith in my life,but  am just hoping all kind of faith serves us all to be happy.